Monday 29 January 2007

My Weekend In Cornwall

By Becki Boo
On Friday 26th January after a good day at school, me, my sister-Vicky, my Dad, my
Stepmum-Deb and my Stepbrother Jamie started our 4-½ hour journey to Cornwall. On the way we got a Burger King for dinner it was lovely! We got to the bungalow in St. Ives at about quarter to ten, just in time to watch ‘The Celebrity Big Brother Final’, followed by ‘The Vicar of Dibley’. We then all went to bed. The bungalow was lovely and cosy. My sister, Vicky, and me shared a room. We thought that during the night it was going to be really cold, but by the morning we were boiling!!!


On Saturday we got up and drove into St. Ives. We had a look at the local beaches. One was called ‘Carbis beach’, on the car park by the beach we saw a car that was designed to look exactly like ‘The Trotters’ car in ‘Only Fools and Horses’. We also went to a beach called ‘St. Ives Bay’. We then had a drink in a pub called ‘The Sloop Inn’. On the walls there was weird art, which made no sense and was priced at approximately £240!!! For lunch I got some chips from a chip shop called ‘The Dolphin, whilst everyone else got a Cornish pasty. We then took the road down the coast and stopped at ‘Cape Cornwall’ where we had seen dolphins once before. In the rocks was a man-made swimming pool. That evening we went to a pub just down the road from the bungalow called ‘The Watermill’.


On Sunday Jamie and me went to the play park on the holiday site. We then went to a pub in ‘Zennor’ called ‘Tinners Arms’; there we got a drink and a packet of crisps. It was a lovely pub with a beautiful fireplace. When we had finished our drinks we started to head home. On the way home we got another Burger King which was-again-lovely! When we were back in Southampton Vicky and me went back to our Mum’s house and told her about our fantastic holiday in Cornwall!





No comments: